GBA Logo horizontal Facebook LinkedIn Email Pinterest Twitter Instagram YouTube Icon Navigation Search Icon Main Search Icon Video Play Icon Plus Icon Minus Icon Picture icon Hamburger Icon Close Icon Sorted

Community and Q&A

Now that Intus no longer sells to residential, where do I get same or better window at great value?

agurkas | Posted in Green Products and Materials on

I have replaced almost all of my large windows with Intus windows. I can’t say enough nice things about the quality of the window and phenomenal price. My windows are large, so triple glazing and PVC frames makes heck of a difference.

Now that I am doing an addition, I was planning to order and install more of them only to find out that Intus stopped selling to residential and are sticking with commercial only.

So where the heck do I get now 100X46 triple glazed window that is under $700?
And those balcony doors were phenomenal from them, but now they won’t sell those to residential either 🙁

GBA Prime

Join the leading community of building science experts

Become a GBA Prime member and get instant access to the latest developments in green building, research, and reports from the field.

Replies

1. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #1

Apollo, where are you located? In Maine, Performance Building Supply, who used to sell Intus, now sells a near-clone. Pinnacle Window Solutions also sells a near-clone called Logic. Both distribute around New England and maybe farther. I'm sure there are other similar brands but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

2. agurkas | | #2

Weird. These are the folks, who sold me the Intus windows. Don't understand why they did not offer me those instead.

3. Expert Member
    Michael Maines | | #3

You might have caught them at a bad time. There was a period where they did not have an equivalent product to offer. As of a month ago they did. It's also worth talking to Pinnacle about their similar line: http://logicwd.com/.

4. Wadingriver | | #4

I had a full order for intus windows all ready for me to pull the trigger. After I finally got Stamped architect drawings I called and said "let's do it" That's when I found out they stopped U.S. residential. Unilux windows. Identical to Intus, Over the pond, the factories are a stones throw away from each other. I think Hinges and Hardware is identical. Millbrook cabinetry in Millbrook, NY had my intus order and then went to Unilux , that he was already familiar with. Pricing stayed the same as he took my Intus Quote to Unilux and they had equivalent windows. With both these manufacturers, watch out for shipping costs. Nothing shady, just all part of Overseas buying.

Community

Recent Questions and Replies

• |
  • |
  • |
  • |